Where do I go to update my helmet?
To update your Forcite helmet firmware, open the main menu in the Forcite app and tap on Settings > Helmet > Firmware update
Before you can update, the Forcite app will check to make sure your helmet and mobile device are connected and paired.
If either your helmet or mobile phone is not charged sufficiently or connected, the update button will be hidden and you will be prompted to charge or connect your device. When everything is charged and connected, the update button will appear.
Please note: You can not update your helmet with it plugged into a computer in 'data transfer mode'. Your helmet must be either unplugged or charging.
On the update screen, you will see what available updates you have along with an Info icon. By tapping the info icon, you can check to see what firmware version you are updating to, and what's being changed in the latest firmware update.
Helmet System Update
This update is our primary update for adding and improving features in your helmet. We strongly suggest keeping your helmet system up-to-date to the latest version for optimal helmet performance.
Latest Helmet System update steps:
- Step 1: Before the update begins, you will be asked to restart your helmet. Do this by turning your helmet off by holding the power button until no lights are showing. Then press it again so the helmet lights are green. The helmet update screen will detect your device has been turned back on. The Forcite app will then begin updating your device and show you a progress bar.
- Android Only - Step 2: After some time, you will be asked to go into your Bluetooth settings and 'Forget' your Forcite helmet. Press the Bluetooth settings button shown on screen and ensure you tap on forget / forget device, not disconnect. Once done, return to the Forcite app.
- Android Only - Step 4: You will then be asked to restart and pair with your helmet again. Hold the power button until no lights are showing. Then press it again so the helmet lights are green. Then hold the power button for 6 seconds until it flashes blue lights for pairing mode. Go back into settings and pair with your Forcite helmet again using Bluetooth, then return to the app to continue.
- Final Step: Once your Helmet System update has has finished, your helmet will turn itself off. Turn it back on by pressing the power button. The update will be checked it has been installed correctly and will complete the update.
The Forcite camera update involves a file that needs to be downloaded and placed on your SD card.
When you begin your camera update, the Forcite app will search your SD card for the update file.
- If the update file is located on your SD card, the update will begin and install.
- If the update file is missing on your SD card, the Forcite app will prompt you to 'Send Firmware File'. A button on screen will appear that you need to press. This email will contain instructions on how to download and place the camera update file on your SD card.
The instructions included in the email are:
- On your computer, click the download link for the SD card update file
- Connect your helmet to your home computer using a charging cable
- Copy the file from your computer onto your SD card as shown below
- Use the Eject function on your computer and disconnect the cable from your helmet
- In the app, return to Settings > Helmet > Firmware Update to resume and complete the camera update
Note: If you have already downloaded and placed the camera update file on your SD card, and are returned to the 'Send Firmware File' screen. There is a strong chance you have:
- Placed the update file in the wrong place on your SD card
- The update file name has been modified and needs to be renamed ForciteSysFW.bin
Please Note: The name of the file you put on the SD card needs to match exactly to the example file name shown in the example above. If you accidentally download multiple versions of the same file, the file name might get modified by your computer.
Once done, go back to the helmet firmware screen and begin the update again and the update file will be found and used to complete the update. Once completed, the update file you uploaded on your SD card will be wiped off the SD card.
If you are shown an error screen, it means that your helmet has failed to complete the update. If you try to update again and you continue to experience an error, send us your system information, and take a screenshot of the error screen you were shown.
At the bottom of the main update screen, there is a system information link. When tapped, a pop up will appear where you can copy a system report to your clipboard and share it with Forcite support to troubleshoot any firmware issues. The report includes your current firmware versions, your phone operating system and phone model.
Our support team can use this information to investigate the issue, and help resolve any specific firmware issues you have encountered.
If you run into any issues while updating the helmet, please copy a system report using the System information button on the firmware update screen and share it with us either in a ticket or email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.